- Getting started with the Custom task
- Editing a custom task
- Frequently asked questions
Custom tasks refer to the tasks that you design specifically for a lead rather than having them assigned to you by a cadence. Cadence offers the flexibility to edit these custom tasks as well.
Getting started with the Custom task
The steps to create the Custom task are shown below:
- Step 1: Go to the People page > Click on any available lead on that page.
- Step 2: Now you can see the option Custom on the top right corner of the screen. You can create a Custom task for the lead by clicking on the “Custom” button.
- Step 3: Task action: You need to select the type of custom task you want to create. Available types are:
- Step 4: User: If you want to assign the lead to another person and want to create a custom task for the new owner, you can choose the new user here instead of the default choice, which is you. You can select the user from the drop-down.
- Step 5: Event name: Name of the event that will appear in the calendar meeting. In your profile, you have an option where you can select whether you want to create a calendar event for your custom task.
For example, if a call task is selected, and the event name is set with new, it will appear for calendar meetings.
- Step 6: Duration of event: This will be the duration of the event created in the calendar. You can select the duration from the available option:
- Step 7: Date & Time: This will be the start time for the event created in the calendar and the time the task will be shown on your task page.
For example, the date and time is set for May 8, 2023, at 4 p.m.
- Step 8: Next you have to click on the "Save" button to save the Custom task.
Editing a custom task
You have access to edit a custom task in Cadence. Let's say there is a change in your scheduled task. Your particular task is easy to edit. There are a few easy steps to edit the Custom Task. These are the steps:
- Step 1: To edit the Custom task first of all, go to the activity area on the People page where you can see the available Custom task and click on it.
Go to the Task page and click on any task, the Custom tasks would be visible in the activity area on the right-hand side of the screen. Click on the activity.
- Step 2: After you click on the activity a modal will open where you can edit the Custom task.
- Step 3: Go to the particular section where you want to make the changes. For example we have taken the mail section here.
- Step 4: Now you can change the User Name, Event Name, Duration of the event, Date, and Time.
For instance, we are altering the date and time of the custom task that was previously planned. After changing the date from May 8 to May 10, click Save..
Frequently asked questions
- Q. Why can't I create the custom task?
Ans: The reason that you can't change the custom task may be that the owner of the lead has changed. If the owner of the lead is changed, you will not be able to create a custom task.
- Q. What happens when a custom task is created?
Ans. As soon as a custom task is created, an activity is also created on the right-hand side of the lead’s profile, with a pop-up notification on the top right corner of the screen.