You’ll need a SIP phone ☎️ linked to your network and a Ringover Power account or the add-on SIP option if you are on the SMART plan. 💳.
This procedure is valid for the Yealink phone model T42S, but the principle is the same for all phones – only the menus will differ.
Step 1: Configure the phone
Press the 🆗 key while the phone is still inactive to obtain its IP address.
Open your computer browser and enter the IP address in the address bar (ex: http://192.168.1.10).
Enter the username 👤 (by default: admin) as well as the password (by default: admin) on the connection page 🔗 and click “Confirm”.
Follow the steps to set up the account: Account > Register > Account 1
Some key vocabulary
- Registry Status: displays the registry status of the current account.
- Active line: you must select Enabled to activate the account.
- Label: displayed on the LCD screen to identify the account.
- Display name: displayed as the caller ID when you make a call.
- Registration name: username (see step 2)
- Username: username (see step 2)
- Password: password (see step 2)
- Host server: server (see step 2)
Step 2: Retrieve your Ringover SIP login information
💻 Go to https://dashboard.ringover.com/users.
Click on the user 👨💼 for whom you wish to retrieve Ringover SIP login information.
Under “User settings” you’ll have access to the SIP menu:
You’ll find 3 necessary pieces of information 💬 once your device ☎️ connects to your Ringover user profile:
- 1. Server: sip1-us.ringover.com
- 2. Username: username or login
- 3. Password: SIP account password
Enter this information ⌨️ in the corresponding fields in your browser.
Your Ringover account is now configured to your SIP phone! 👌