- What is it?
- Prerequisites for adding Advanced Workflows
- Getting started with Advanced Workflows
- Frequently asked questions
What is it?
As an admin user, you can automatically push leads and/or contacts which are created or updated in Salesforce into Cadence, according to a set of rules that you choose. In other words, this feature allows a newly created contact or lead to get automatically imported into a specific cadence based on rules defined in Advanced Workflow.
Prerequisites for adding an Advanced Workflow:
- You are connected as a Super Admin/Admin in Cadence
- Salesforce is connected
- Salesforce fields are mapped
Getting started with Advanced Workflows
- Step 1: Go to the Settings page > General Settings > Scroll down to the Workflow Section.
- Step 2: Add Workflow - Now click on the Add Workflow button, then select Advanced Workflow from the dropdown.
- Step 3: Workflow Name - Give your workflow a name.
- Step 4: Choose the trigger from here - Choose among two different triggers. Besides each dropdown option of triggers, a label identifies to whom the field belongs.
When a lead is added to org.
If a field has a Lead label, it means it is a lead salesforce field. If a field has a User label, it means the field is related to the salesforce user. For example, in the below picture: Referrer Account and Referrer Contact are Lead-related fields from Salesforce, whereas User ID and Username are Salesforce User-related fields.
When a contact is added to org.
This trigger has three different types of fields. If the dropdown option has a Contact label, it is a contact-related field. If it has an Account label, it is an account-related salesforce field. And If it has a User label, that field is related to Salesforce User. For example, in the below picture: Contact role and Lead creation date are fields from the Salesforce-contact page whereas User ID and Username options refer to Salesforce-user-related fields. Similarly in the second image: Account ID and Account Name options are fields from Salesforce Account page.
When a Lead is Updated
When a Lead is updated in Salesforce and the updates match the rules that you have defined in the workflow, then this lead will be imported automatically into the chosen Cadence.
When a Contact is updated
When a Contact is updated in Salesforce and the updates match the rules that you have defined in the workflow, then this contact will be imported automatically into the chosen Cadence.
- Step 5: Adding Conditions - Here, you can make your set of rules/conditions and give a value to be checked. If the conditions are satisfied, it will perform the final action of the workflow. For example: In the below picture, the given condition is: If the Lead’s Title includes Founder or CEO and the Owner ID of that Lead is ‘0057XXXXXXXXQAC’, then it will satisfy the workflow condition and move forward to perform the last action.
- Step 6: Select a Cadence - Select any Cadence from Personal, Group, and Company, where you wish the lead/contact to get added.
- Step 7: Add new rule - Select Add new rule button when you are done adding conditions. If all the conditions of the workflow are satisfied, then it will add the lead/contact to the selected cadence.
- Step 8: Once the new rule has been created, the advanced workflow is ready to use. By enabling or disabling the button on the right-hand side of the newly constructed advanced workflow, you may now activate and deactivate the specific advanced workflow.
- Case 1: Enabling the button: If this button is toggled on, the specified advanced workflow is active and will function.
- Case 2: Disabling the button: This advanced workflow is not active and will not function if this button is toggled off.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What does And/Or denotes?
Ans. AND/OR represents the logical operation. You can either choose AND or OR. AND evaluates both conditions must be true for the overall condition to be true. The OR evaluates one condition that must be true for the overall condition to be true.
- Q. How many sub-nodes can we add into one condition?
Ans. As shown in the below picture as well, We can add a maximum of 4 sub-nodes into a single condition. To add a sub-condition, you can click on the + icon which is beside the delete icon.
- Q. Where can a lead owner find his Salesforce User ID?
Ans. To know your Salesforce User ID, Go to your Salesforce profile page. Copy the ID from the URL between lightning/User/ and /view. For example in the below screenshot, the Salesforce User ID is ‘0057TXXXXXXXXXXQAC’.