Advanced workflow for Pipedrive
- Getting started with Advanced Workflows
- Frequently asked questions
Super Admin/Admins can establish a set of rules that will automatically push new person into Cadence from Pipedrive. That means a newly created lead can be automatically added to a specific cadence using the capabilities of Advanced Workflow.
You are connected as a Super Admin/Admin in Cadence. Pipedrive is connected. Pipedrive fields are mapped.
Getting started with Advanced Workflows
- Step 1: Go to the Settings page > General Settings > Scroll down to the Workflow Section.
- Step 2: Add Workflow - Now click on the Add Workflow button, then select Advanced Workflow from the dropdown.
- Step 3: Workflow Name - Give your workflow a name.
- Step 4: Choose the default trigger from here. You have to choose from:
When a person is added to the org
A person will be automatically imported into the selected Cadence when they are added to Pipedrive, and their updates match the rules that you established in the workflow.
When a person is updated
When a person is updated in Pipedrive and the updates match the rules that you have defined in the workflow, then this person will be imported automatically into the chosen Cadence.
- Step 5: In the next step, you have to select the condition. There are three types of fields available. If a field has a Person label, it means it is a person-related Pipedrive field. On the other hand, if a field has an organization label, it means that it is an organization-related Pipedrive field, and if the field has a User label, it is from the Pipedrive User field. For example, in the given picture: LinkedIn URL and Title are Pipedrive person page fields, whereas Name and Label belong to organizations.
- Step 6: Adding Conditions- Here, you can make your set of rules/conditions and give a value to be checked. If the conditions are satisfied, it will perform the final action of the workflow. For example, according to the below picture, the given condition is, If a person’s job title is “Founder” and the owner/user id of that lead id “990XX1” then the condition will be satisfied. Now it will move forward to perform the last action.
- Step 7: Select a Cadence - Select any Cadence where you wish the lead/contact to get added. You can choose from Person, Group and, Company.
- Step 8: Add a new rule - Select the Add new rule button when you are done adding conditions. If all the conditions of the workflow are satisfied, then it will add the person to the selected cadence.
- Step 9: Once the new rule has been created, the advanced workflow is ready to use. By enabling or disabling the button on the right-hand side of the newly constructed advanced workflow, you may now activate and deactivate the specific advanced workflow.
Case 1: Enabling the button - If this button is toggled on, the specified advanced workflow is active and will function.
Case 2: Disabling the button - This advanced workflow is not active and will not function if this button is toggled off.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What does And/Or denotes?
Ans. AND/OR represents the logical operation. You can either choose AND or OR. AND evaluates both conditions must be true for the overall condition to be true. The OR evaluates one condition that must be true for the overall condition to be true.
- Q. How many sub-nodes can we add to one condition?
Ans. As shown in the below picture as well, We can add a maximum of 4 sub-nodes into a single condition. To add a sub-condition, you can click on + icon which is beside delete icon.
- Q. Where can a lead owner find his Pipedrive User ID?
Ans. Login to your Pipedrive account. Click on three dots and go to User Overview. You can copy your Pipedrive User ID from the URL, it is mentioned at the last just after users/details/xxxxxxx. For example in the below screenshot, the Pipedrive User ID is ‘156XXX8’.