Advanced workflow for HubSpot
- What it is about
- Getting started with Advanced Workflows
- Frequently asked questions
What it is about
Super Admin/Admins users can automatically push new contacts into Cadence from Hubspot according to a set of rules that they specify. With the use of this feature, a newly created contact can be automatically added into a certain cadence according to the rules of Advanced Workflow.
Prerequisites to add an Advanced Workflow
- You are connected as a Super Admin/Admin in Cadence
- HubSpot is connected
- HubSpot fields are mapped
Getting started with Advanced Workflows
- Step 1: Go to the Settings page > General Settings > Scroll down to the Workflow Section.
- Step 2: Add Workflow - Now click on the Add Workflow button, then select Advanced Workflow from the dropdown.
- Step 3: Workflow Name - Give your workflow a name
- Step 4: Choose the default trigger from here. You have to choose from:
When a contact is added to org.
A contact will be automatically imported into the selected Cadence when they are added to Hubspot, and their updates match the rules that you established in the workflow.
When a contact is updated.
When a contact is updated in Hubspot and the updates match the rules that you have defined in the workflow, then this person will be imported automatically into the chosen Cadence.
- Step 5: In the next step you have to select the Conditions. If a field has a Contact label, it means it is a contact-related HubSpot field. On the other hand, if a field has an Owner label, it means that it is an owner-related HubSpot field. For example, in the given picture the field Company Size is from the HubSpot contact page, and in the next picture, the field Email is from the HubSpot Owner page.
- Step 6: Adding Conditions- Here, you can make your set of rules/conditions and give a value to be checked. If the conditions are satisfied, it will perform the final action of the workflow. For example, In the below picture, the given condition is, if the date of birth of the contact equals 12/12/2000 and the gender equals male, then it will satisfy the workflow condition and move forward to perform the last action. If a new contact is created, and its DoB matches this condition, it will be imported.
- Step 7: Select a Cadence - Select any Cadence where you wish the contact to get added.
- Step 8: Add a new rule - Select the Add new rule button when you are done adding conditions. If all the conditions of the workflow are satisfied, then it will add the contact to the selected cadence.
- Step 9: Once the new rule has been created, the advanced workflow is ready to use. By enabling or disabling the button on the right-hand side of the newly constructed advanced workflow, you may now activate and deactivate the specific advanced workflow.
Case 1: Enabling the button - If this button is toggled on, the specified advanced workflow is active and will function.
Cade 2: Disabling the button - This advanced workflow is not active and will not function if this button is toggled off.
Frequently asked questions
- Q. Where can a contact owner find his HubSpot user ID?
Ans. Go into your HubSpot account and select Account Setup > User and Teams to obtain the user ID. After that, click the user name. You may find the user ID here. Copy the ID in the URL after users/editUser/. For example, in the below picture, the user ID can be found in the URL as shown in Picture 2. The steps to find the user ID is shown in these two pictures.
Picture 1: To go to Account Setup:
Picture 2: To copy the user ID:
- Q. How can the Cadence profile be connected with Hubspot?
Ans. To connect your Cadence profile with HubSpot, go to your profile settings and click to Connect to your integration, and give the account access. This will connect your Cadence profile with HubSpot.